Clean Cut Ways for Washing Machine CareOn October 2, 2013 by Marie
Every gadget or appliance you buy comes with special care instructions that will help increase its efficiency and lengthen its lifespan. Unfortunately, not everyone pays attention to these instructions especially when it comes to low maintenance appliances like the washing machine. Those who want to get the most out of their washers and reduce the risk of ruining their clothes can read on and get to know how to care for the washing machine.
1. Know Your Machine. There are a lot of different washing machine models in the market today. It is important to familiarize yourself with all its parts and know what it does before using it. The easiest way to get to know the machine is to watch an expert do a demo. Pay close attention to wash instructions and follow it if you want to have clean and nice smelling clothes.
2. No overloading. Each washing machine has a load capacity that sets the standard for efficient washing. Putting too much clothes in one wash not only compromises the quality of wash, it can also put a strain on the motor or snap the drive belt.
3. Clean as you go. Just like in the kitchen it is important to clean spilled detergents or fabric conditioners immediately. These gooey spills can turn into stubborn dirt if it is left to dry or if you wait until your next wash before tackling them. You may also schedule a thorough cleaning of the machine inside and out once a month or depending on your frequency or use. Filters should also be checked regularly to ensure that lint is not accumulated and cause clogging.
4. Dry it up after washing. Make sure that the washer is free of water after use. Water left in the washing machine for some time can leave a musty smell in it, a scent that can also be transferred to your clothes when you wash them.
5. Practice TLC in operating the washing machine. These machines may not have feelings but they do get broken when handled roughly or improperly. Even the most durable or shock proof machine can end up with a shorter lifespan when mishandled.
Marie- mom to 3 kids and 3 furbabies.
I ♥️ taking photos📷
I ♥️ tea 🍵
33 vb 🏐
I ♥️ shoes 👟👠
I ♥️ travels ✈️
Fascinated 😍with polyglots
Speaks: 🇬🇧 – 🇩🇪- 🇯🇵 – 🇪🇸 – 🇵🇭